https://ipadpilotnews-images.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/07190554/iPad-webinar-feature-v2.png 600 1200 Bret Koebbe https://ipadpilotnews-images.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/07120009/logo.png Bret Koebbe2014-01-24 10:08:342014-01-24 10:19:22Flying with the iPad webinar video available
Flying with the iPad webinar video available
1 min read
Bret Koebbe, iPad Pilot News editor and a senior CFI at Sporty’s Pilot Shop, recently presented the latest version of Sporty’s popular “Flying with the iPad” webinar. This hour-long event covered both beginner and advanced topics, including:
- iPad 101: choosing an iPad and understanding its limitations
- iPad apps for pilots to use on the ground for data organization and flight planning
- iPad apps to use in the airplane for in-flight navigation, charts and ADS-B weather
- Review of regulations and Advisory Circulars related to EFBs and the iPad
- ForeFlight Mobile app highlights
- ADS-B receivers for iPad, including an overview of the new Stratus 2 for ForeFlight
- GPS receivers for iPad
- iPad charging tips and backup power options
- Step by step instructions on how to preflight the iPad
A video recording of the webinar is available here for review:
I have been unable to use my full screen mode. The regular mode is too small to see.
Good overview and explanation. I bought min with 16g-wifi & looks like 32G is a better option for a longtime. One question I have is that does ForeFlight works with other GPS receivers and would status will work with other apps? Assuming that after a year or so, if I decide to change app, do I need to purchase new receiver (except in Garmin case)?
Yes, ForeFlight is compatible with all the external iPad GPS receivers currently available. And yes, Stratus is designed to work exclusively with the ForeFlight app, which contributes to its excellent performance, reliability and ease of use.