Garmin is one of the few app developers to offer a fully functional aviation weather/chart/navigation app for both iPad and Android tablets. Garmin has been dedicated to continuously improving and adding new features to both versions, and the Android tablet version is pretty impressive with its long list of features.
Garmin recently released version 1.2 of the Garmin Pilot Android app, adding several new features and improvements.
- Binders – Charts can be stored in binders for quick access and trip organization
- Radial Menu – Long press on any map to access a contextual menu of options
- User Waypoints – Create user waypoints via Lat/Lon, Rad/Dist, or Rad/Rad
- Fixed several crashing issues reported by users
- Now drawing airport diagrams, helipads and restricted airports on the icons
- Other stability and performance improvements
Read a full review of the app here: Garmin Pilot Android – finally a real Android app for pilots