Several years ago, in response to many requests from readers, we published an eBook that combined our most popular articles, aviation app tips and top 10 lists into a single resource. Since then, thousands of pilots have purchased the book and we’ve received dozens of positive comments about it.
While much of the information in the eBook is available on this site, having all these tips in one place–and accessible offline–is a convenient option. It’s also an ideal way to get started if you’re new to the world of the iPad.
It doesn’t take long though for the information in technology publications to get old. So we’ve updated and expanded the eBook with over twice the content of the previous edition to cover the latest information for pilots, including how to set up a connected cockpit with the iPad and use the new features in aviation’s top apps.
The eBook is organized into six sections:
- General iPad information, including which one to buy, how to preflight your tablet and our top 12 overall tips.
- ForeFlight Mobile tips, including how to use the route planning box, weight and balance and how to improve runway safety with ForeFlight.
- Garmin Pilot tips, learn how to customize the split-screen moving map display and use Garmin’s signature IFR flight planning resources.
- Accessory & connected cockpit tips, which covers the growing world of ADS-B receivers and options to connect your iPad with panel-mount avionics.
- Top apps, a collection of our favorite apps for student pilots, turbine pilots and weather geeks.
- Frequently asked questions, which offers quick, plain-English explanations of some of the more complicated subjects.
Flying with the iPad is available for Kindle, including the Kindle app on iPad, for $6.99 from Amazon.