Apple released the first update to the new iOS 12 operating system this week, addressing several bugs and improving Bluetooth reliability. Here are the official release notes for iOS 12.0.1 from Apple:
– Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices did not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
– Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz
– Restores the original position of the “.?123” key on the iPad keyboard
– Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
– Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable
– For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
As with any iOS release, we recommend holding off on updating until your app or accessory developer has had time to fully test compatibility with the new software.
View the previous iOS 12.0 green light status here.
Important note for ForeFlight users:
The previous restriction on iOS 12 for older devices has been removed – the latest version of ForeFlight, version 10.4.1, provides full compatibility with all iOS devices on iOS 12 and 12.0.1.