Just bought an iPad for your airplane, or thinking about getting one? Sporty’s will be hosting its popular iPad 101 webinar this Thursday, covering a wide variety of topics for pilots new to flying with the iPad. The webinar will be presented by Bret Koebbe, Editor of iPad Pilot News and an experienced iPad pilot from Sporty’s. This presentation will explore apps, accessories and tips and tricks to help you maximize the iPad’s utility in the airplane, including:
- iPad 101: iPad Air vs. iPad Mini, charging and how to get started using it
- Apps for preflight, weather and navigation
- iPad & EFB legal briefing – regulations & ACs
- GPS & ADS-B weather receivers for iPad
- In-flight weather on the iPad (ADS-B)
- Kneeboards & iPad cockpit mounting options
- iPad preflight procedures
- ForeFlight Mobile app tips
The presentation will take place on Thursday, July 24, at 8pm ET and last for about an hour and 15 minutes. You can tune in to view the webinar on a PC, Mac or iPad with internet connection. And as with all Sporty’s webinars, you’ll be able to ask questions throughout the presentation.
To sign up and learn more about the iPad 101 webinar, visit the webinar registration page. Registration is required and space is limited.