We published well over 100 articles this year at iPad Pilot News, covering everything from new app features to advanced tips. What were the most popular posts of the year? Here’s our top 10 list.
10. New mount, kneeboard options for the iPad Pro 10.5″ – The iPad Pro 10.5″ was the hot new product in 2018 (before the new 11″ and 12.9″ models came out late this fall). The accessory market reacted, with some good options for kneeboards and mounts.
9. Appareo introduces Stratus 3 with more app support, lower price – The great ADS-B receiver competition continues, and the latest Stratus model led the pack this year. It featured some smart software options, new app integrations, and a lower price.
8. iPad legal briefing – what pilots need to know – Staying legal with the iPad is fairly easy, but it helps to do an annual review to ensure you’re dotting all the i’s and crossing all the t’s. This article is an easy-to-follow review of the important FARs and Advisory Circulars.
7. DUATS is dead. Here’s why you won’t miss it – While DUATS was once a revolutionary way to plan a flight, iPad apps have replaced it. In this article, go behind the scenes with ForeFlight to see how flight plans get submitted in a post-DUATS world.
6. Top 10 apps for student pilots – Apps aren’t just for experienced pilots. As this list shows, there are a number of great options that can make flight training easier, more efficient and more valuable.
5. Charging your iPad: what you need to know – The most common reason for an iPad failure is a low battery. This article offers tips for keeping your iPad battery charged up, and for keeping a backup plan in place.
4. Which ADS-B receiver should I buy? – There are plenty of options for pilots who want to get datalink weather in the cockpit. Here’s a helpful comparison of the options.
3. What’s the best iPad for Pilots? – If your old iPad Mini 2 or iPad 4 has finally died and you’re considering an upgrade, the options may seem overwhelming. We sort through the specs to offer a few top picks.
2. 7 best weather apps for pilots – Besides digital charts, weather is probably the most important data pilots view on their iPad. This list offers some new ideas to go beyond the ForeFlight/Garmin battle.
1. How to choose the best GPS for your iPad – Does your iPad have a built-in GPS? If not, which is the right one to buy? We separate fact from fiction in this helpful article.
Is there a topic you’d like to see us cover in 2019? Add a comment below.