Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
Apple recently released iOS and iPad OS 14.6, which adds support for Apple Credit card family sharing, podcast subscription support, improvements to AirTag tracking and several bug fixes (see the full list of updates in the release notes below).
As with any iOS release, we recommend holding off on updating until your app or accessory developer has had time to fully test compatibility with the new version.
What’s new in iOS 14.6
Apple Card Family
– Apple Card can be shared with up to five people, including anyone 13 years or older in your Family Sharing group
– Apple Card Family adds support for families to track expenses, manage spending with optional limits and controls, and build credit together
– Subscription support for channels and individual shows
AirTag and Find My
– Lost mode option to add an email address instead of a phone number for AirTag and Find My network accessories
– AirTag will show the partially masked phone number of the owner when tapped with an NFC-capable device
– Voice Control users can unlock their iPhone for the first time after a restart using only their voice
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Unlock with Apple Watch may not work after using Lock iPhone on Apple Watch
– Reminders may appear as blank lines
– Call blocking extensions may not appear in Settings
– Bluetooth devices could sometimes disconnect or send audio to a different device during an active call
– iPhone may experience reduced performance during startup