https://ipadpilotnews-images.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/07161658/iPad-paper-chart.jpg 1500 2000 Bret Koebbe https://ipadpilotnews-images.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/07120009/logo.png Bret Koebbe2020-09-11 11:05:012020-09-11 11:16:05iPad Flight Review – 8 key questions
iPad Flight Review – 8 key questions
1 min read
Ok, you’ve been flying with the iPad for several years and the thought of manually calculating the time en route to your destination or unfolding a sectional chart in the cockpit makes you cringe. But like everything in aviation, it pays dividends to spend some time brushing up on the basics to keep your knowledge and skills sharp. Take our latest quiz to see where you stand.
1. What type of backup does the FAA require when using the iPad as an electronic flight bag (EFB)?
2. What is one way to extend the life of your iPad battery during a flight if no charging sources are available?
3. What course of action should you take if your iPad overheats in the airplane?
4. What is the best way during preflight to check that the required charts for your upcoming flight?
5. When using an iPad app as a preflight weather resource, you are required to use the “official weather briefing” function from Flight Service to be legal.
6. What are the mounting requirements specified by AC 91-78 when flying with an iPad?
7. How can you view text and graphical weather updates on your iPad while flying en route?
8. While flying with the iPad you start to hear some radio interference through your headset. What is the most likely culprit?
Quiz: iPad recurrent training You got out of 8 right!
Now I know why I hear a buzzing sound. When we installed the charging outlet we didn’t use shielded wiring. It only happens on the ground
this is a good source of information to remind us all how to use the I Pad correctly. Thank you.
I use the iPad for commercial flying, so its good to review the basic requirements of this during a down time which I’m on. Thanks for the reminders
RE: The question “What is the best way during preflight to check that the required charts for your upcoming flight?”
Leaving aside the incomplete phrasing of the question, the answers provided for the question seem to be tailored for a given app and do not necessarily apply to other apps.