Sporty’s Pilot Shop is in the middle of hosting its virtual airshow during the month of July, which includes a series of online events, webinars, product specials and entertainment available free to pilots around the world.
This week’s lineup included two webinars presented during the event, covering a wide range of iPad proficiency topics and highlighting what’s new in ForeFlight and how to use the app’s advanced features. Recordings of both presentations are featured below.
iPad Proficiency Check – Flying with a Digital Copilot
The webinar was presented by Bret Koebbe, a pilot at Sporty’s Pilot Shop and editor of iPad Pilot News. This info-packed presentation explored topics applicable to pilots of all iPad experience levels, including:
- What to look for when buying or upgrading your iPad (including the new iPad Pro models)
- Fly like a pro pilot with your iPad: developing your own standard operating procedures
- How ForeFlight can improve your preflight planning
- How to take advantage of automated iPad features and use it as a Digital Copilot
- In-flight weather on the iPad (ADS-B & SiriusXM)
- How to use the new ADS-B weather products
- Must-have iPad accessories for the cockpit
ForeFlight: What’s New and Advanced Features
Join Phil Inman from ForeFlight for an in-depth look at the latest features in aviation’s top app, from runway performance calculations to 3D airport previews to multi-tasking support.