Pilots in Europe have, until now, not had the full-featured aviation apps that US pilots have come to love. There simply is no WingX or ForeFlight equivalent. But the latest iPad app from SkyDemon may change that.
SkyDemon has offered popular solutions for flight planning and in-flight navigation for a few years, available on laptop or desktop computers plus their dedicated GPS navigator. Now most of these features are available on the iPad, with a native iOS app.
- Vector charts, including dynamic airspace clipping and a choice of map layers
- Easy-to-use route planning with touch and drag gestures
- The Virtual Radar shows airspace, terrain and obstructions along your route
- Pilot Log calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data
- File VFR flight plans
- Get METAR and TAF weather reports as you plan your route
- NOTAM briefings and advanced NOTAM graphical depiction on the main map
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards, updated in real time
- Extensive European chart coverage is standard
- Complete GPS navigation features