iPad Pilot News is partnering with the Sporty’s Academy flight school to present an all-new free webinar this Thursday focused on how student pilots can successfully integrate the iPad into their flight training. Sporty’s VP of Education David Zitt will join iPad Pilot News Editor Bret Koebbe for a 60 minute presentation discussing the dos and don’ts of the iPad as it relates to learning to fly and how it can coexist with the traditional methods of flight planning, weather briefings and cross-country navigation.
- Which iPad model is best for aviation
- How to use the iPad for more efficient studying on the ground
- When to start using the iPad during flight training
- Apps for lesson preparation, flight planning, weather analysis and digital charts
- Making the most of the iPad during instrument training
- Using the iPad as an in-flight resource for digital charts and GPS navigation
- Effective use of the iPad during an emergency
- FAA Checkride considerations
- Making the leap to a paperless cockpit
The presentation will take place on Thursday, January 22 at 8pm EST and last for about an hour. You can tune in to view the webinar on a PC, Mac or iPad with internet connection. And as with all the iPad Pilot News webinars, you’ll be able to ask questions throughout the presentation.
To sign up and learn more about the Flight Training with the iPad webinar, visit the webinar registration page. Registration is required and space is limited.