https://ipadpilotnews-images.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/07185511/Gift-app.png 600 1200 Bret Koebbe https://ipadpilotnews-images.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/07120009/logo.png Bret Koebbe2013-12-16 01:00:502013-12-16 17:10:21How to gift an App from the App Store
How to gift an App from the App Store
1 min read
The number of days left to shop is quickly dropping as we approach the holidays, leaving some scrambling for last minute gift ideas. While you could aimlessly wander around the local mall, why not consider sending an iPhone or iPad app as a gift? What pilot wouldn’t love to receive an E6B app, ForeFlight subscription or new digital logbook as a gift for their iPad?
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and search for the app that you want to send as a gift.
- Tap the Action button at the top right of the app description window (square with arrow) and select Gift (free apps won’t have this option).
- Fill out the required information for the recipient and add an optional personal message, and then tap Next.
- Select one of the themes for a nice presentation to be displayed in your recipient’s email.
- Confirm the sender’s address, select Buy Gift at the top right, and it’ll be on its way.
The recipient will then receive an email shortly after with instructions on how to download the app from the App Store on their device.