iPad Pilot News started 18 months ago as a free online publication with the intent of helping pilots make a seamless transition to flying with the iPad. We’ve worked hard to provide a wide range of articles covering frequently asked questions, iPad tips & tricks, the latest accessories, aviation app reviews and the latest iPad news as it relates to pilots. During the past year a half we’ve written over 200 articles, and a common request we’ve received is to provide a better way to read through this content in a more organized fashioned.
To help with this we’ve published an eBook titled Flying with the iPad – Tips from iPad Pilot News. This comprehensive collection of articles is organized into 7 chapters, and is ideal for both iPad novices and seasoned pros alike. It covers the following topics:
- Chapter 1 – General iPad Tips: iPad basics, which iPad to buy, legal considerations, routine maintenance tips, pre-flight checklist
- Chapter 2 - ForeFlight Mobile Tips: learn how to get the most out aviation’s most popular app
- Chapter 3 - Garmin Pilot Tips: learn how to take advantage of the unique features of this app
- Chapter 4 - WingX Pro Tips: covers tips on how to make the most of this feature-rich app
- Chapter 5 - iPad Accessory Tips: learn about the popular aviation accessories for iPad, including GPS and ADS-B receivers
- Chapter 6 - Top Aviation Apps: descriptions of apps separated by most popular, free apps, weather apps, and apps for both student and turbine pilots
- Chapter 7 - Frequently Asked Questions
Pilots new to the iPad will especially find it helpful to quickly get up to speed on using the iPad in the cockpit. Flying with the iPad is a fast-paced eBook and filled with screenshots and web links to help get the most out of the content. It’s available for $2.99 in the Amazon Store, and can be read on Kindle devices, or an iPad running the free Kindle Reading app.
Learn more about the eBook and purchase here: Flying with the iPad – Tips from iPad Pilot News